The deep-fried food, hot, spicy, and crispy French fries you use to serve occasionally can only satisfy your taste buds. Most of us are not satisfied with the shape of potatoes. Cutting the potatoes with your hand is something challenging. Making French fries evenly it’s not an easy job.
Fortunately, in the market, you can see different cutter types that can speed up your cutting process and get all the pieces of potatoes in equal size. To make your French fries incredibly the right product, you can go through the leading products from my review list and decide to purchase the Best French Fry Cutter to make your delicious item within a minute.
Types of French Fries Cutter:
Different types and shapes of French fries can be a great income source for the food service business. Ultimately the shapes and types depend on the personnel choice. At the casual restaurant, the 1/4 inches French fries are usually served with the meal; the savory wedges are served with the steak. You can make your trademark item change the cutting like- straight, ribbon, curly, wedge, and many more.
Standard Manual Cutter: This cutter is made with durable plastic materials and a stainless-steel blade. The lever mechanisms and the person’s arm strength are necessary to make the slice by pushing.
Automatic or Electric Cutter: If you want to try a considerable amount of French fries within a short time, this type is for you. Businesses making lots of french fries daily would benefit from an automatic or electric fry cutter. They are ideal for high-volume restaurants, hospitals, colleges, and schools that require centralized kitchens. In addition to being designed for commercial use, an electric French fry cutter is also suitable for home use. Forcing potatoes through the cutting blades with electrical power or air cylinders reduces the workload for the operator.
Commercial-grade Cutter: This cutter uses stainless steel counterparts instead of plastic ones and can-do heavy-duty work accordingly. Here you can see some nonslip buttons like the suction cups.
1. ICO Stainless Steel 2-Blade French Fry Potato Cutter
If you want a heavy-duty French fry cutter, this ICO Stainless Steel 2-Blade French Fry Potato Cutter will be the correct choice. Sometimes you may think about making curly fries by hand; I suggest this ICO French Fry Potato Cutter solves your problems. Here you can get different grit types, which will help you adjust the vegetable cut according to your preference.
- This item’s dimension is 10.24 x 4.19 x 5.12 inches.
- The item is 1.25 pounds.
- The operational mode is manual.
- You can get two different stainless-steel blades.
- You can get two interchangeable blades here, and by the one cutter, you can accommodate 3/8 inches small size; you can get 64 pieces at a time. And again, with another blade, you can get 4/8 inches thick, cutting 32 pieces in one single cut.
- Depending on the grid set, you can size the vegetables or potato-based on your size preference. You must pick the desired grid, face the potato on the cutting grid, and press the handle. Thus, you can get your cutting pieces.
- Due to the stable suction cup, there is no more sliding off the cutting pieces.
- The bottom part of this cutter is curved in shape; you need less force while operating the cutter.
- After using the cutter, you can easily open the blade and clean it with the brush under flowing water.
- Capable of cutting potatoes, vegetables, and yam.
- Can cut large-size vegetables and fruits properly.
- You can get a 100% guaranty.
- This tool is versatile and multi-use.
- You can easily change the blades.
- Can get long-lasting service.
- The manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The price is very reasonable.
You cannot cut the hard sweet potato or other hard vegetables with this cutter.
2. Westmark Multipurpose French Fry Cutter
If you want to know how to slice potatoes with your hand equally, you must try this Westmark Multipurpose French Fry Cutter. Westmark can produce reliable kitchen products for over more than 50 years. This unit is made with a high-quality stainless blade. The Westmark always believes that this cutter can prepare their food most simply and easily. For this traditional reason, every food lover uses this brand in their kitchen daily.
- Product dimension: 3.94 x 9.76 x 4.65 inches
- Blade materials: The blade is made of stainless steel.
- Weight: 1.63 pounds
- ABS base and handle
- No-slip suction pad.
- Here you can get three interchangeable stainless-steel blades that you can use according to your needs. The three different sizes are 9mmX 9mm, 10mmX10mm, and 12mmX 12mm.
- With the sharp and durable blade, you can easily make different vegetables, saving preparation time.
- The nonslip pad protects those slices from moving when cutting the potatoes to make delicious French fries.
- The rubber suction unit can hold the unit firmly and tightly.
- This unit is used to cut fruits, cucumbers, and apples precisely.
- You can use mild soap and running water to clean the unit without any hassle.
- You can cut bigger size potatoes within less time.
- It can cut carrot sticks.
- This product is easy to use.
- The ergonomic handle is comfortable to use.
- The design is very user-friendly.
- 5 years warranty
- The price is very affordable.
- This unit is famous for its versatility.
- The sharpness of the blades does not stay for an extended period.
- This unit cannot cut hard vegetables like sweet potatoes.
3. DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer
Food travelers love to use this exposed blade cutter to make their French fries. Mandoline French Fry cutter is incredibly time-saving kitchen equipment by quickly cutting a considerable quantity of fruits and vegetables. This unit is the safest option for the expert slicer. Using this DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer, you can complete your dish with coleslaw and potato chips. I can see many unique features while operating this tool; I like to keep this cutter on my top list.
- Product dimension: 13.78 x 6.38 x 6.14 inches
- Weight: 2.29 pounds
- Operation mode: Manual
- Blade materials: Stainless steel
- Here you can get 30 different preset cuts with different thicknesses. You can adjust the thickness and get perfect shape stews, soup, salad, potato chips, and vegetables.
- You need to keep your hands and finger away from the exposed blade. Push down the slice with the handle and get your desired shapes, potatoes, or vegetables.
- This unique design unit is an excellent addition to your kitchen.
- You can easily clean the blades and the food-catching container with water and a brush.
- This unit comes with the food catch container, food recipe guide, and cleaning brush.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- BPA free unit
- All the parts assemble properly.
- You can slice uniformly with this easy-to-setup tool.
- You can cut .5 to 8 mm thickness suitable for making a salad.
- It is a versatile unit.
- Easy to store for the compact design.
- This unit is not capable of cutting sweet potatoes.
- The feeder is not that wide to keep enough slices at a time.
4. Sopito Professional Potato Cutter Stainless Steel with 1/2-Inch Blade
What’s the use of a cutter if you need to half or quarter cut the potatoes before putting them into the cutter? Age-old reliable brand Sopito presents a vegetable cutter where the cutter box can take 5.58*3.51inch of potato in one go. It is fit for all sorts of potatoes, vegetables, and fruits. This uniquely designed fries cutter will enhance your pride in the kitchen.
- Measurement: 10.23 x 5.22 x 7.87 inches
- Blade: 0.5 Inches
- Item weight: 2 Kilograms
- Material: stainless steel
Now you can get the feel of a restaurant-grade blade even at home. The product is made of stainless steel and engineered for years of use. It is easy to use to slice super-fast or cut potatoes into half-inch strips.
The product is made with an ergonomic handle design. The long-extended hand makes it easier to homemade fries. In addition, you can squeeze through the potatoes easily with a single lever action.
The hassle of cutting the potatoes or veggies before putting them in the cutter is gone. The cutter can take 5.58*3.51inch potatoes easily and turn them into half-inch strips. Then, it can cut the vegetable in one go.
This potato cutter comes in a small volume. It does not take up much of your kitchen space and is extremely easy to clean. It is fit for other vegetables as well.
- 10.23 x 5.22 x 7.87 inches measurement
- 0.5 Inches
- No need to prior cut the vegetables
- Can take 5.58*3.51inch potatoes in one go
- Restaurant-grade blade quality
- Ergonomic handle design
- Single lever action
- It comes in a smaller volume
- Designed for fries
Not fit for other uses than fries
5. Tiger Chef French Fry Cutter and Vegetable Chopper – Easy Dicer With 2 Interchangeable Blades
We have the perfect cutter if you are the primary cook at your home. The two interchangeable blades in the cuter will let you handle all the essential cutting needs without difficulties. Moreover, it comes with high brand value; therefore, quality is assured. Only 1.85 Pounds weighing this vegetable cutter is just what you need in your kitchen right now.
- The material used: stainless steel and rubber
- Blade material: stainless steel
- Square blade shape
- Manual operation mode
Efficiency in your kitchen is guaranteed with this fantastic cutter. This chopper and dicer will help you minimize the prep time for your French fries, salad bars, soups, and other food prep requirements.
It is the most accessible cutting device used in the market. It comes with an effort-saving ratchet-style pusher that easily slides your cut veggies through the sharp stainless blades.
Not many of the cutter dicer in the market come with a manual. Keeping in mind the customers’ ease of use, the manufacturers of this device added a user manual to the product. The two interchangeable blades are 25- and 45-hole options.
You can also get a cleaning brush free with this product. It is dishwasher safe. And the extra brush ensures that you won’t get a cut while washing it.
- High brand value
- Stainless steel
- Sharp edges
- It comes with a cleaning brush
- Minimized prep time
- Effort-saving ratchet-style pusher
- It comes with a manual
- Dishwasher safe
- Only two interchangeable blades
- No holding tray is available
6. French Fry Cutter, Apple Cutter, Onion Chopper, Vegetable Slicer, Super Sharp Blades
Imagine a cutter that can equally take care of your fries and wedges cravings and help you with fruit cutting. This product is specially designed to meet your little delicacies. This cutter can cut your fries and also your fruits. It is also beneficial and convenient for all. It can be an excellent vegetable cutter for home use.
- Surgical grade blades
- Ergonomic design
- Convenient for all
- Includes 1 Fry Blade 3/8’’ and 1 Wedges Blade
The product is engineered with high-quality restaurant-style 420 stainless steel blades for years of use. The two types of blades include 1 Fry Blade 3/8’’ and 1 Wedges Blade. You can slice or cut potatoes, veggies, or fruits with minimum effort.
The device is made with an ergonomic design, making it easier to make homemade fries. It helps you to slice easier and faster. The four anti-slip rubber feet ensure safe and effortless cutting.
The specialty of the product is that it is fit for all. You can cut long French fries or even dice them in the same device. From potato to zucchinis and cucumber, it can cut it all. The blade cuts fruits into eight equal wedges.
The best part of the device is that it is easy to clean and dishwasher safe. It is made of a simple yet efficient design. The slicer is made of food-grade ABS material. You can also disassemble it into a few parts for easier cleaning.
- Restaurant-style cutter
- 420 stainless steel blades
- Ergonomic design
- Easier and faster action
- Includes four anti-slip rubber feet
- Easier to cut long French fries or dice vegetables
- Cuts into equal eight wedges
- Food-grade ABS material
- Free of toxic
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning
- It only cuts into two types
- Not fit for smaller cuts
7. Fullstar Vegetable Chopper -Black Slicer Dicer Cutter – 4 Blades
To make your cooking game strong, we have here Fullstar Vegetable Chopper. Now having a mess-free cooking experience is just a cup of tea. Have the taste of a perfectly sliced vegetable or the sophisticated julienne cute, and these four interchangeable blade cutters can do it all.
- Measure: 10.63” L x 4.72”H x 4.48” W
- 4 interchangeable blades
- 1.2 L collection tray
- 420 stainless sheets of steel
- non-skid base
Effortlessly do your heavy-duty cutting jobs with this four-blade vegetable chopper. Slice, dice, julienne, or chop, do everything you want with your fruits and veggies, and make the perfect dish you want.
The built-in chop lid will smoothly slide your veggies into the box, and you won’t even feel a thing. Bid farewell to the knife and chopping boards and get a mess-free cooking experience.
Don’t worry about the product’s durability as it is made of rust-resistant heavy-duty 420 stainless steel. The razors are super sharp for crisp, smooth cutting and grating.
The soft-grip rubberized handle keeps your hands safe even when doing challenging cutting tasks. The handle enhances leverage while the non-skid ensures stability during use.
- the perfect measure of 10.63″ L x 4.72″ H x 4.48″ W
- four interchangeable blades.
- 1.2L collection tray
- It comes with a storage container
- Made of 420 stainless steel
- Soft grip handle
- Non-skid base
- BPA free
Hard to clean without a dishwasher
Related Articles: Wall-Mounted French Fry Cutter
Considerations When Choosing French Fry Cutters
It would help if you had an obvious idea about what you want to do with your French fry cutter before choosing it. Based on your personnel preference and needs, you need to decide which one suits you most. You need to maintain some crucial tips before choosing the French fry cutter, and then you can enjoy it with complete taste. You can confidently select the tool if you can gather enough knowledge about the following tips or features.
Materials are the essential factor that you need to consider before choosing a new product. The cutter will be constructed with plastic, cast iron, or stainless steel with the three main materials. The plastic materials in our home are the least durable; You can select the stainless steel or cast-iron materials that are most durable for heavy-duty use. Cast iron materials need enough care for a longer lifespan. If you can get any powered-coated finishing tool, it will last a long time. The blade made with stainless steel can last for an extended period and can do heavy-duty cutting work.
When choosing the French fry cutter, you must consider the type of blades. Some models have a blade capable of cutting the slice to 3/8 or ½ inches. Some are capable of cutting ¼ inches in thickness. Choose the product with an interchangeable blade; using that kind of blade; you can change the cutting according to your recipe. Must choose a sharp blade and be careful while working with the cutter. Multiple blades will give you the service of cutting various types of shapes with the same unit.
Some quality French fry cutters cut the potatoes and cut other vegetables like- cucumber, carrot, and other vegetables. Some highly durable models can cut sweet potatoes. When you need to cut the sweet potato, you must see the manufacturer’s product information on whether that tool can cut the sweet potato. You can cut the French fries without damaging the tool when you are expert enough. So based on the uses, you need to select your French fries’ cutter. Based on your needs, you can choose the standard heavy-duty or commercial model, which will be sufficient for you.
When you want to cut the potatoes, you need to fix your cutter on top of the stable countertop or table to cut the potatoes without any hassle. So, choosing the cutter with suction feet will help you a lot.
You need to choose the model in which replacement parts like- bushings, handle components, nuts, or guide rods are available. Because if any of these parts are useless, then you can replace that part only; otherwise, you need to change the whole unit. That will be a waste of money.
Easy of cleaning
Cleaning is one of the crucial factors when you want to choose any kitchen item. You need to select a product that is easy to clean. We know that dishwashing is an excellent option to clean the cutter. But all the model is not perfect for cleaning with the dishwasher. Some model needs to wipe out with hand wash, so be careful while cleaning the French fry cutter.
Different French Fry Cuts
How do you enjoy your potatoes best? To fry, the potatoes must first be cut into fries. If you plan to air fry, roast, or deep fry french fries, you’ll need to learn how to cut them. The best way to cut french fries is to know how to do it. Fortunately, there’s no right or wrong way to do it. Let’s look at different french fry cuts.
1. Standard fries– These thin fries only need one frying. The fries will be crisp most of the time. Usually, a standard fry cut produces a french fry that is easy to make, dippable, accessible, nostalgic, and quintessential.
2. Waffle fries – Often called lattice fries or gaufréttes, waffle fries are delicious. A simple seasoning makes them taste good despite being crispy and crunchy.
3. Curly fries- Curly fries are often coated in a golden-brown coating and seasoned heavily with garlic and onion powders. Eat fries in bites rather than lowering them into your mouth.
4. Crinkle-cut fries – Every fry is the same size and shape, like the Pringles of french fries. Crinkles on fries provide more crunch since they’re angled.
5. Matchstick/Shoestring Fries- The potatoes are all fried. Nothing crispy or starchy about this self-proclaimed French fry that goes by the name of fries. It’s the same as ordering a funnel cake.
6. Steak/Wedge Fries – Potato wedges are typically larger and cut from fresh potatoes. They take a little more skill to get the perfect balance of crispy outside to creamy inside. They can also be ‘oven-fried’ in an oiled pan, brushed with oil, or baked.
7. Belgian fries– Belgian fries are thicker than French fries and are baked twice. The temperature before cooking plays a significant role in the quality of Belgian Frites. Fried fries need the perfect balance of crispness and softness to ensure that, once fried, they will be delicious. It would be best not to use frozen or too soft fries.
8. Cottage fries – In Britain, Cottage Fries are fries made by cutting raw potatoes into thin slices and frying them in a heavy skillet. These crispy oven-roasted cottage fries come in just the right shape for dipping! This side dish goes well with chicken, meatloaf, hamburgers, and sandwiches.
How to Use a French Fry Cutter
Homemade French fry is so tasty and crunchy as well. Most people love to make French fries, but the cutting procedure is challenging and tremendous. After investing your money to cut your potatoes, you can quickly cut a large number of potatoes whining in very little time. The French fry-cutting procedure is not that complicated, but you need to maintain some tips, so you can cut perfectly without injuries to your hands or damaging your unit.
When you want to cut potatoes for French fries, you must keep your fingers safe from the beginning. First, you need to clean your fingers and the cutter. Take some soft and mild soap and a soft brush to clean your cutter. Never keep your cutter unattended, especially if you have any children or pet animals in your home. You need to control the unit in a safe place when you are not available. After every use, keep this device in a safe zone also.
After that, you need to attach all the parts correctly. Like the handles, nuts, washers, and bolts place appropriately. If the handle pushrod needs no tight, then tight those parts to operate this unit properly. Depending on the French fry cutter type, you need to place it on a stable surface or mount it on the wall. Secure the device; otherwise, there will be a chance of sliding that unit. It would help you remember that you don’t cut any meat, fish, or frozen vegetables with the cutter.
All types of potatoes are not suitable for all kinds of cutters. So, when you cut the French fries, you need to look that the potato you want to cut must grasp the cutter perfectly; otherwise, it will cause serious injury.
When you use the French fry cutter, you need to place the push handle properly. Keep the push handle away so that the potato should place properly into the holding area. After that, you must lower the handle to grasp the potato properly. Now press properly and make sure the potato is held with the cutter. Now take a container to collect all the cut potatoes.
Lastly, press down the handle gently, and you can gently get the potato slice. Do the same process if you need more potato slices.
French Fry Cutter FAQs
1. Why don’t french fries from restaurants look as greasy as home-cooked fries?
The greasiness depends on the temperature of the oil throughout the whole cooking process. On the other hand, it also depends on the type of potato. More starch potato has less water, and that potato makes French fry look crispy and greasy. Water on the surface can hold the crispiness and generate oily and greasy fry. At the restaurant, the French fries are made with a frozen slice. That frozen slice of potato has enough moisture. The restaurant uses a considerable amount of oil to cook food. When moisture slices of potato are put into that overheated oil, the surface starch absorbs the nearby moisture and seals the surface. That’s why the restaurant’s French fries are greasy compared to home-cooked fries.
2. How do you make homemade French Fries?
If you want to make crispy potato French fries at home for making the side dish or snakes. Then you can maintain the following instructions-
Cut each of the potatoes into ½ inches thick with the cutter. Then soak them under cold water for at least an hour or the whole night. Take a paper towel and let them dry completely. After that, take some oil and heat them at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t place too many pieces at a time. Otherwise, they won’t be crispy at all. Fry them for 5 minutes until they are going to be golden brown. Place them on the paper towel, add salt to your taste and serve them nicely.
3. How long should french fries cook in an air fryer?
To get the real French fry test, you must maintain the necessary secret tips. It would help if you needed to keep the correct temperature of the oil. If the oil is too hot, the outside of the potato slice will burn out, or if the oil is too cool, the potato slice will absorb the extra oil. You must cook for 5 to 6 minutes at medium temperature to properly make the French fries. You can get crispier fries if you need to cook the French fries for the second time. At that time, the temperature should be 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Thus, you can get your desired crunchy French fries ready to serve.
4. Why do French fries sometimes turn out limp?
When you keep your fried potatoes for a long time inside a brown paper bag or cover the paper towel for a long time, they will swell, and the moisture trapped inside the fried items. Thus, you can get less crispy fry with a dry interior. The crispy French fries are made with high moisture and low starch potatoes. They can cook before they lose all their moisture. Potatoes must cook for a short period because the steam is trapped under the surface. Thus, french fries can turn out limp.
5. What is the perfect French fry coating to make it crispy?
If you can make chicken, onion rings, and shrimp crispy, then you must be capable of making your French fries crispy. However, I love to make french fries for my family in the following way, and you can also try this to make your fries crispy.
- 2 ½ pound peeled potato
- all-purpose flour 1 cup
- garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- onion powder 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil for deep fry
Slice the potato with a cutter, stirring the slices under cold water to leave the excess moisture.
Take a frying pan, put the oil in, and let it heat at medium heat. Stir the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and water. Stir them into the large mixing bowl.
Now dip one potato slice into that batter and place it into the hot oil. Fry them until they turn into golden brown color and are crispy. Lastly, remove them from the oil and keep them on a paper towel.
This is my way of making tasty French fries; I must try it for your family.
You May Like to Read This: Reviews of Best Spice Grinder
6. How do you keep French fries crispy after frying?
There are lots of techniques to keep your fried food. Like you can keep them in brown paper bags, on a paper towel, or even over the newspaper to drain the excess oil. But nothing can help you to keep the french fry in a crispy texture. But if you can arrange a cooling rack over a baking sheet, that will add extra crisp texture to your French fries. Your food will cool down quickly, but at the same time, you can get crispy fry. Try these tips and enjoy the crispy French fry.
7. Are French fries healthy?
It mainly depends on the way how you prepare them. French fries are made in oils and deep fry food. The oil contains lots of fat; it will be a health issue. This excessive oil can increase cholesterol levels and obesity. And on the other hand, when you add salt, it will increase blood pressure.
But there is some way to make them healthy. If you can bake them in the woven or cook them, you can maintain the air fryer’s health issue. And if you make them in your home, add very few salts to make them healthier.
8. Are French fry cutters dishwasher friendly?
Most French fry cutters are dishwasher friendly, but you can get some cutters in the market, which are hand-washed. While purchasing the cutter, you must confirm how you can clean it after every use. Otherwise, you cannot maintain your cutter for a long time.
The technology and the manufacturer offer many advancements in the French fry cutter to make your job easy. Depending on your needs, you can get different shapes and sizes of French fries. It may get confusing to see hundreds of products on the market. With that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of some of the best French fry cutters and their features. The detailed buying guide will help you purchase a suitable cutter and enjoy the dish.