Hardly people do not love sandwiches. Ever wondered, what will be the outcome if you use the famous Italian bread for the sandwich? Well, it will transform into a panini that is super flavors. For the task, you will need a model of the panini press. It toasts your sandwich like no other machine.
An effective panini press may not be the most important kitchen tool for seasoned chefs with plenty of time to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is, however, quite handy for us regular folks. This is an ideal choice for anyone who enjoys the classic panini, an ideal fast lunch or dinner item.It works by pressing two slices of bread together with a heated metal plate, which seals the sandwich and gives it an appetizing crunch. The press can also be used to cook hamburgers, quesadillas, and other foods. Using a panini press is a quick and simple methodology for making delicious meals in no time.
Should you be successful in owning the best panini press, you can taste premium-restaurant-quality panini at home. It becomes a challenging duty to find the right panini press, as many products are available. Thereby, check out below for top-rated panini presses and panini maker reviews.
1. Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill
Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill is one of the most sold and top-rated panini-making products. It comes with a lockable top-end lid. The electric item is capable of providing ample heat for a brown sandwich. As a consequence, there is no requirement for the flip.
- Is usable for numerous dishes like sandwiches, fruit turnovers, and quesadillas
- Contains a lid with the floating capability for the best press
- Has the upright storage for fitting it anywhere in the kitchenette
- Designed with a chrome finish for maximum aesthetic
What We Like
Some food elements can stick to the grid quickly. A sandwich contains various ingredients that can get stuck to the panini press. Therefore, this product has multiple non-stick grids. Both the bottom and upper parts come with the non-sticky grid for leaving no leftovers. Also, two grids help to spread the heat all over the food.
The product ensures a delicious sandwich with a high-quality floating lid. It presses your sandwich item evenly no matter what size it is. As the cover is a café-style exclusive, the user does not have to worry regarding the size or press effectiveness.
What We Do Not Like
The panini press has no function whatsoever to alter the temperature. A temperature control menu would make it a complete package.
Though the panini press has around 1400 watts of energy, it weighs 5.75 pounds only. The panini press lets you enjoy the upright storage feature. It features a chrome finish, which enhances the overall look of your kitchen. The lock-top lid aids the user to warm meals like personal pizzas.
2. Gotham Steel Sandwich Maker, Toaster, and Electric Panini Grill
A reasonably priced product packed with loads of features is the Gotham Steel Sandwich Maker, Toaster, and Electric Panini Grill. It takes less time to supply a sandwich to the user than many other expensive panini presses. Cleaning your product is effortless as the surface contains a non-stick mechanism.
- Has 1 year of the limited warranty
- Features cool-touch handles to ensure the safety of the user during operation
- Comes with the ultra non-stick mechanism for oil saving and simple cleaning
- Gives the user a signal about the current food situation with indicator lights
What We Like
Keeping your kitchen and panini press clean is super convenient with the product, thanks to the ultra nonstick surface. It contains high-quality ceramic and titanium that releases your favorite food appropriately. While releasing, there is no need for oil or butter. As a result, the user can maintain health.
When you are hungry, you want the item to be cooked as early as possible. The easy-to-use panini press can deliver a perfectly grilled sandwich in less than 5 minutes. You are not required to check repeatedly if it is made or not—the indicator light signals when your food item is ready.
What We Do Not Like
The upper layer of the sandwich maker is less effective than the bottom one. Therefore, the upper part takes a little more time.
With the panini press, you are not required to ask anyone if your sandwich is all set or not. Multiple indicator lights let you know when your food is fine to eat. Moreover, the nonstick ultra version will not disappoint you like other cheap non-stick technologies. The panini press has a cool-touch handle so that the user may control the product even in hot conditions.
3. iSiLER 4 Slice Panini Press Grill
Are you looking for a panini press that allows the user to control its temperature? The iSiLER 4 Slice Panini Press Grill has to be the right one for you. It has a temperature control that ranges from light to dark (lowest temperature to highest). 1200 watts of power will be easy to manage using the feature.
- Runs by an engine that possesses 1200 watts of energy for fast operation
- Prevents unnecessary wastage of oil with the nonstick surface
- Allows the user to take authority over the temperature with the thermostat control
- Made of high standard food-grade aluminum that is rigid
What We Like
Unlike many panini presses, this one from iSiLER lets the user take control of the temperature. As the grill is powered by a 1200W engine, the temperature thermostat allows you to alter the temperature accordingly. Unnecessary, burned foods can be saved by the system.
You can flatten the upper and bottom of both cooking surfaces 180 degrees. By doing it, you may enlarge the cooking place to cook more dishes at the same time. The feature saves precious electricity as well as your valuable time.
What We Do Not Like
You will not get a detachable grill with the panini press. Consequently, the user will not be able to clean the grill, no matter how dirty it gets.
If you are a regular sandwich consumer, you should not leave this panini press on your journey. It runs on a high-powered engine and has dual plates and a non-stick coating. The panini press has an outstanding plus, which is the thermostat control of the warmness. For convenient uses, the user will have the floating hinge too.
4. Chefman Electric Panini Press Grill
Chefman Electric Panini Press Grill is a decent package of panini press that provides most of the necessary traits to the user. To accommodate any size of food, the panini press takes advantage of the floating hinge. You can use the unit for various dishes, including veggies, steaks, and burgers. Let’s see what more the panini press has to offer.
- Gives ample space to all ingredients with 10 inches x 8.75 inches of flat surface
- Comes in a light size to fit in any kitchen no matter if it is small
- Contains grill plates of non-stick coating to remove hassles of the cleaning procedure
- Backed by exclusive Chefman assurance/warranty of 1 year
What We Like
Small sandwiches are not preferable for everyone. Some also love to bite a thick sandwich. The panini press is a suitable item as it contains a floating hinge. It aids the user to have a large-sized sandwich placed in the machine. Two cooking surfaces are available with the product. One is the closed cooking surface for making two sandwiches. The other one is the while lay-flat surface, suitable for giving room to many foods.
The electric machine is an incredible sandwich maker in a compact size. As a consequence, you can carry it to offices, dorm rooms, and even on tours.
What We Do Not Like
For many people, the size was not sufficient. They claimed that the panini press is smaller than the ideal portable size.
The small-size panini maker is a space saver that makes dishes like fold overs, paninis, toast, and grilled cheeses. It also has a renowned nonstick coating that makes sure nothing sticks to your beloved kitchen item. The product has the cETL approval for safety and longevity. It is backed by 12 months of warranty.
5. Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker
One more compact and quick panini maker is the Hamilton Beach Breakfast, Sandwich Maker. It delivers a mouth-watering sandwich by following four simple steps. The surfaces are covered by nonstick coating, which is durable too. Hence, you can clean the panini machine with minimum effort. The panini press offers several color options, including black, silver, and red.
- Features detachable parts to clean them separately in the dishwasher
- Makes sandwiches swiftly in around 5 minutes
- Don’t leave a single layer of the sandwich uncooked
- Weighs only 3.2 pounds which is one of the most lightweight on the current market
What We Like
Utilizing only four steps given by the company, the user can make a delicious sandwich. The task never takes up to 5 minutes. For a quick meal, there is no better choice than a lightweight sandwich maker. The manufacturer offers a recipe book that is full of healthy and mouth-watering meals. You can take help from it as well if you are a newbie to the kitchen.
After finishing the last bite of a sandwich, the cleaning process of the panini press seems to be the most difficult job ever. However, this unit is entirely safe with your dishwasher. Also, there are some removable parts for easy peasy cleaning tasks. Nonstick coating on surfaces makes sure your product is free of residue.
What We Do Not Like
The Hamilton sandwich maker is the best machine if you aim to make basic sandwiches only.
Unlike other companies. Hamilton offers many useful tips and recipes that you can utilize in the kitchen. Considering the price, it comes with a decent heating zone and great cooking capability. The product is usable with the dishwasher. Thus, you can keep the worry of cleaning away all the time.
6. Breville Duo 1500-Watt Nonstick Panini Press
Some people prefer professional products in every case. For them, Breville Duo Panini Press can be a wise choice. It is one of the most powerful panini presses at present. It has a magnificent floating hinge for different height settings. To prevent damage, the cooking surface is resistant to scratches.
- Runs on a high-powered motor of 1500 watts to supply plenty of energy
- Constructed of top-grade stainless steel to ensure the durability of the panini press
- Comes with an excellent floating hinge which offers multiple height adjustments
- Has a flat bottom plate that gives a thorough cook to your sandwich
What We Like
One of the impressive things about the panini press is its huge power. 1500 watts of energy is ready to serve all of your needs to deliver the best cooking experience. A superior amount of power also means the user will get his meal in a short time. The heating element can supply the appropriate warmth your food requires.
Another advantage is the top plate. It is a height-adjustable part. A flat bottom plate and ribbed bottom plate both are available for achieving different cooking objectives. Furthermore, the nonstick panini press contains a floating hinge for even distribution of heat.
What We Do Not Like
After one (heavy use) or two uses, the bottom of the product gets heated. Therefore, you will have to let the panini press cool down after using it twice.
Breville panini press is a premium item that you can fold to use as a space saver. The manufacturer used brushed stainless steel housing for the durability of the panini unit. You will surely get more longevity with the product than other cheap plastic ones. The cooking time is never long, with 1500 watts of power.
7. Ovente Electric Sandwich Maker
Many families do not have a sound budget to buy a high-grade sandwich maker. They can go for reasonable options. One of them is the Ovente Electric Sandwich Maker. It is packed with a 120V motor, indicator lights, stay-cool handles, and so on. Using the panini press, you can prepare a compact sandwich in less than 5 minutes.
- Does not take a long time to bake the sandwich, thanks to the 120V motor
- Features various safety measures like the anti-skid feet
- Contains handles that are made of heat-resistant stainless-steel
- Has a reasonable cost that is affordable to everyone
What We Like
The panini press is more than a basic sandwich maker. One of the outstanding qualities of the product is to do a versatile job. The user can proceed to make waffles, pancakes, French toast, and even omelets. The 750W motor hardly takes 5 minutes to bring your favorite go-to meal. Two lights signal the user if it is on or not.
It comes with a top-grade coating that can resist corrosion, rust, and tarnishing. Thereupon, you get more durable service from the body of the panini press than others. Because of the nonstick plates, these parts are swift and effortless to clean.
What We Do Not Like
The product doesn’t have the proper technology to preserve the coating. Many users faced an issue where the inside coating came off.
The panini press can be an excellent addition to your kitchen appliances. Put it in one of the corners in the kitchen, and it will not move an inch. The anti-skid feet make sure great stability for the panini press. It has ample power to press a sandwich well.
8. OSTBA Sandwich Maker 3-in-1 Waffle Iron, 750W Panini Press Grill
OSTBA Sandwich Maker 3-in-1 Waffle Iron, 750W Panini Press Grill features several plates for completing different cooking objectives. Overall, three plates (grill plates, sandwich plates, and waffle plates) are included in the package. The portable panini unit doesn’t take forever to make the best sandwich, thanks to the 120V and 750W motor.
- Features a few plates for various cooking applications
- Runs by 750 watts of power for proper distribution of the energy
- Comes with a cool-touch handle that prevents injuries due to extreme heat
- Has 2 years of quality warranty
- PFOA Free
What We Like
Got fed up eating a sandwich all the time? With the OSTBA panini press, the user will have the ability to make many delicious meals related to the sandwich. It is possible because of the variety of plates. Overall, you will have three types of plates. Every one of them aims to serve a unique dish. Popular foods like a waffle, steak, sandwiches, and barbecues are easy to make with the item.
It is not the most powerful panini press on the market, but it does the job quite well. The 750W heating element is sufficient to overcome basic cooking issues. The power management of the product is efficient as well. Moreover, it comes with double baking capability at this price range.
What We Do Not Like
Considering the cost of the machine, the panini press should have contained more than 750 watts of power.
To maintain a healthy relationship with users, the company offers 24 months of warranty with the panini press. Furthermore, the panini press contains numerous user-friendly features such as a cool-touch handle, led indicator lights, and so on. Talking about cooking performance, it has multiple plates and ample power.
9. IMUSA USA GAU-80350 Large Stainless Steel Panini Press
If your preference is a large sandwich maker, you have to purchase the IMUSA USA GAU-80350 Large Stainless Steel Panini Press. A big place of 14.17x 6.22 x 11.73 inches can give ample space for sandwiches, meats, and vegetables. The non-stick surface with the panini press means you can make delicious food items using less amount of oil.
- Takes 2 minutes to heat up
- Made of hefty materials for durability
- Lets you modify the highness of the cooking item with the floating hinge
- Preset Temperature knob
- Cool Touch Handle
What We Like
The heating elements of the large panini press are fast and work extremely well to deliver a decently pressed sandwich. One of the users claimed that it rarely takes more than 2 minutes to get heated adequately. Whenever you are in a hurry, the panini press has got your back. It will help you to keep up the pace by preparing a quick sandwich.
Unlike many ineffective and non-lasting nonstick technology, the panini press gives you a durable nonstick surface. It doesn’t vanish gradually with time. The benefit of the feature is to clean the product with ease. The nonstick mechanism doesn’t let any leftover stay.
What We Do Not Like
The upper plate is a flimsy part. Even though there is a latch, it fails to lock it correctly most of the time.
The panini press is made of top-quality stainless steel. It is something people rarely see in panini presses. The stainless steel provides an eye-catching look to the product. The unit comes with many lights that indicate every time your sandwich is ready. This panini press has a compact version as well.
10. Panini Press Indoor Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker by Chef Buddy
Panini Press Indoor Grill and Gourmet Sandwich Maker by Chef Buddy is an affordable panini press that operates very well indoors. It has a grilled surface with two 9.5″x9.5” panels. Moreover, you will surely enjoy the fast and precise cooking ability of dual heating zones.
- Made for indoor use
- Allows effortless cleanup by the nonstick coating
- Operates by 1400 watts of power
- Eligible for making many dishes
What We Like
The first thing a user is going to like most is its ability to heat your meal swiftly. The product is a powerful one with 1400 watts of heating zones. The heating element is not one but two. The dual heating zone ensures your food is prepared faster than other panini presses. Despite being a powerful machine, the panini press runs efficiently.
The second most fantastic attribute of the panini press is the super easy cleaning job. As usual, the user will have a well-known nonstick surface. Furthermore, there are things like a cleaner spatula and two grease catchers that assist the user in finishing the cleaning chore in a minute.
What We Do Not Like
Despite having a nonstick surface, the cleaning task for this panini press is not the easiest on the market. Also, there is an absence of the on/off switch.
The grilled cheese is always better cooked in the panini press than in a traditional pan. The sandwich-making machine is easy to use too. It has a bright and shiny red color that fits anywhere in the kitchen. The panini press is a lightweight unit. Overall, at a low price, the panini maker is a decent deal with fantastic features.
Video Tips: How To Use a Panini Press
STEP-1: To make an authentic panini, you should always go for rustic bread. Some of these are sourdough, ciabatta, and so on. Then you will have to slice the bread. Every slice should be a thick one. Select a few ingredients according to your liking. You may maintain a range of a maximum of 4 ingredients for a decent result.
STEP-2: If you are a newbie in making a panini, start by choosing ingredients like salmon, chicken, and turkey. Moreover, a few vegetables never hurt. In terms of vegetables, go for onions, zucchini, basil, and tomato.
STEP-3: Sandwiches may break their bond with other elements quickly. Thereupon, before putting anything, you have to take the help of cheese and add it to the bread. Do not forget to use cheese that melts fast, such as gruyere, fontina, and provolone. Additionally, the chef can also add barbecue sauce or mayonnaise infused with garlic.
STEP-4: In this step, let’s be a little cautious regarding the stuff you will add to the panini. You have to avoid mixing lots of elements that result in an overload—using ingredients more than necessary will not allow every part to be cooked properly. Thereby adding a moderate amount of elements.
STEP-5: It is recommended to preheat the panini press every time you attempt to press the sandwich. The chef has to set the heat to a medium level. A better choice is to follow the user manual. Most electric panini presses notify the user through some sort of signal when it is ready.
STEP-6: Now brush a little amount of butter or olive oil all over the sandwich. Place it on the panini press. Using the press, cover the sandwich. Both sides of it should be grilled for five minutes. After turning over the panini, press each side, and the brown grill marks should begin to appear. Panini presses and sandwiches both require attention and care. For this reason, avoid doing other side jobs while cooking the panini.
Panini Press vs Sandwich Maker: Which One Is Better?
Panini presses and sandwich makers have many similarities. However, both have different traits as well. Also, you can use a sandwich maker as well as the panini press for the best outcome. If you are planning to buy a single machine and you are stuck between these two options, you should check out the characteristics of both of the units. For that, head to the below section.
Characteristics of a Panini Press
1. Panini presses are suitable products to grill the sandwich. Without grilling, a sandwich is never perfect. Other than grilling paninis, it can also grill other meals such as vegetables, fruits, seafood, and meat.
2. Some cooking appliances suffer while giving space to thick bread. A panini press is not similar to those items. No matter if the bread is ciabatta or some other chunky bread, the panini press is there for you.
3. The panini press contains a great technology called nonstick coating. It will reduce the use of unnecessary oil notably. Also, people who are on a strict diet can bake sandwiches through panini presses without using a single drop of oil.
4. Talking about the cost of the unit, the panini press is an expensive one. At least panini presses are costlier than a sandwich maker or toaster. Now you should not run away upon hearing about the expense because the panini press offers more features compared to other similar appliances.
Characteristics of a Sandwich Maker
1. A sandwich maker is one of the easiest machines to operate in the kitchen. It doesn’t take a long time too. Having stated that, sandwich makers fail to run well in terms of thick slices of bread and sandwiches. It is one of the most problematic sides of the kitchen item.
2. Here comes the concern about the small size of a sandwich maker again. The size becomes an obstacle when you wish to add numerous ingredients to sandwiches. A chef can place two ingredients maximum in the sandwich.
3. The price of sandwich-making products is lower compared to a panini press. It is one of the most crucial advantages for people with a not-so-high budget. Sandwich lovers are everywhere. Nonetheless, not everyone can afford panini presses. For them, a sandwich maker will be an excellent alternative.
4. You do not have a bunch of functions with a sandwich maker. As a result, there is no hassle in choosing the right settings to get a delicious sandwich. Also, the sandwich-making unit is quite fast. In most cases, sandwich makers won’t take more than 3-5 minutes.
9 Surprising things to make in a panini press
The Panini press is a versatile machine that is capable of making different go-to delicious meals. Sadly, most people think that panini makers are usable for delivering sandwiches. The statement is bogus. The panini press can complete lots of cooking tasks. For this reason, it is safe to call the product an allrounder. Let’s see, rather than making a panini, what more you can do with the panini press.
1. Is there anyone who doesn’t love the crispy hash brown? Yes, your panini press can make the crunchy hash brown.
2. The panini press can give you the famous side dish called grill smashed potatoes. All you have to do is to boil the potatoes before proceeding to use the panini machine.
3. Mini pieces of cake are a favorite of every single soul. After a meal or as an evening meal, you can have a mini cake. Use your panini product to make it.
4. Panini presses are a perfectly suitable unit to cook the spinach omelet. It is a healthy dish for all ages. Also, ingredients like egg and spinach are available in the kitchen all the time.
5. Pizzas are great. However, it kind of gets to the opposite side of great when the pizza is cold. Is there an absence of the microwave that doesn’t let you warm your beloved pizza? No worries because the panini press has got your back.
6. A panini press can prepare a decent ice cream sandwich. Already, the panini press excels at making tasty paninis. The sandwich is going to team up with the ice cream for a finger-licking dish.
7. Waffle cones are the best when it is to ice cream. You can bake the waffle cone through the panini press. Beat the heat of the summer with all those delectable cones and ice creams.
8. Craving for the brownie? Get ready with your panini press. Manage a pan that will fit in the panini press. You are all set to cook a large amount of the brownie.
9. You can pretty much grill any vegetables taking assistance from the panini press. Some popular vegetable grills include eggplant, kale, asparagus, spinach, and so on. Make sure to use a small amount of olive oil, pepper, and salt to brush the vegetables.
Things to Consider Before Buying the top-rated Panini Press
In terms of choices, there are countless panini presses available on the market. However, every one of the products is not suitable for you. Some panini presses have an expensive price tag. Therefore, decide the budget that you will invest in the panini press. After that, you can make a list of panini makers available in your budget to choose the right one.
Space of the Cooking Surface
The cooking surface has to be a spacious one. A large cooking area can allow the user to grill multiple sandwiches at a time. Also, a decent spaced area of cooking doesn’t refer to a product with high expenses. Various panini presses come at a reasonable price with a satisfactory area to bake at least two sandwiches. Depending on your requirement of the area, go for an appropriate panini press.
Here comes a vital factor that you barely spot in panini presses. Most panini presses on the market are budget-friendly. Hence, these units do not feature the mechanism to let the user control the temperature separately. The temperature control allows people to ensure pinpoint accuracy to cook a sandwich. Although the feature is rare, many panini presses have it. If you prefer it, purchase a panini press with the thermostat control.
The plate of the panini maker is one more crucial part. People always like things fresh. The same goes for a sandwich. A high-quality panini plate can maintain the delicious flavor of the panini. The plate is also responsible for the color and crispness of the food. Coming to the point of the removable plate, it lets you keep the cleanliness of the product. Panini presses are an electric item. As a consequence, without a detachable plate, you will not be able to clean it.
The feature comes last, although it bears notable significance. A floating hinge is one of the most high-technology attributes of a panini press. So, here comes the question of how it works? Floating hinges tend to contain a mechanism that allows the grill to adjust according to the command of the user. Thus, your panini press is capable of accommodating sandwiches of any thickness and height. Certainly, a bunch of panini presses comes with a magnificent feature. Having said that, all of these products do not contain a top-notch floating hinge.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best panini press to buy?
Ans: The Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill is one of the best products considering the high amount of positive feedback and the number of sales. Still, the product may not match your criteria. For this reason, head to the buying guide section to know the different traits of a panini press. It will aid you to choose the finest one for you.
Who makes the best panini press?
Ans: Multiple brands are producing top-standard panini presses nowadays. Many of these companies already have a decent reputation on the market. For the best panini presses, go for products of Hamilton Beach, Proctor Silex, Chefman, Cuisinart, and so on.
Which is the best red or silver hamilton beach panini press?
Ans: Red and silver both panini presses are the same product containing the same function. Hence, it relies on the user what color you prefer better. Without any confusion, you may purchase any colored panini machine.
What kind of bread works best on a panini press?
Ans: Different panini requires different pieces of bread. 2 types of paninis are the most favorite of people. These are dry ones (less wet ingredients) and wet ones (less dry ingredients). For tasty dry paninis, pita, rye, multigrain, brioche, and flatbread are recommended. On the other side, ciabatta, baguette, and focaccia are the best choices for mouth-watering wet paninis.
Sandwich maker or panini press, which is best?
Ans: Both are great machines to give perfection to the sandwich. Most importantly, these two units can serve different purposes. You can check out a comprehensive comparison between these items to decide which one will be appropriate for you.
What is the best way to clean a panini press?
Ans: The best way of keeping a panini press machine clean is to wash it after the user uses it. Now comes the query of the method to clean it. For that, you will have to manage a damp paper towel. Avoid materials like a chemical scrubber, scouring pad, etc. Wipe the oily leftovers through the damp towel. You may use a little hot water with the sponge as well.
Observations and methods
In order to figure out which panini press works best, we made dozens and dozens of sandwiches. We made sure each sandwich included meat, cheese, vegetables, and condiments, no matter what the style.
Manufacturers recommend oiling sandwiches depending on their specifications. In the case of the Breville panini press, for example, it did not require fat or butter. We followed the instructions on the George Foreman grill and applied a light coating of oil.
As soon as each sandwich was pressed, we observed the cheese melting and toasting. In addition, we assessed how evenly the sandwiches were grilled on both sides, as well as how many sandwiches each press was capable of holding. Aside from temperature settings, we also tested how versatile, cleanable, and easy to store the presses were.
A sandwich is one of those food items that you can experiment with several things. One of them is to try the panini. Paninis are something that never disappoints their master no matter when you consume it. Using the best presses above, you are never out of the line to make tasty and finger-licking paninis. Make sure you go through all sections, not only top products. It will enhance your knowledge regarding the panini maker.