Freshly ground Spices can make your dishes superior flavor, aroma, and vibrancy. Fresh Spice can live on your dishes, unlike anything else. It is good to purchase the Spice in a whole form instead of ground form. To take your favorite dishes to the next level, you need to bland up your whole favorite Spice or create a custom marinade. To make any tasty food with the processor, choose any spice from whole Spice to coffee beans, and see the process of transforming it from the complete form to ground form just before your eyes. For this purpose, a good spice grinder can give a relatively simple way to fix your culinary chops. In the market, you can see more than dozens of alternative spice grinders. I like to suggest to you the nine best spice grinders that you can use without any hassle based on the easy use here.
Manual Spice Grinders
Cheapest–Mueller Austria HyperGrind Precision Electric Spice/Coffee Grinder Mill
When the matter is all about consistent performances, this product has no close match. It has almost everything to grind any hard ingredients you want. In addition, the Mueller Austria Grinder has several options and settings that let you adjust the functions according to your demand. What’s more important is you get to use this product only as a coffee grinder to make coffee for more than four people, which is quite timesaving.
- The grinding capability can help you grind any dried or semi-dried spices or ingredients.
- The large container helps you get your grinding or mixing job done at once.
- The precise engine of the grinder is durable enough to work precisely for years with the same amount of productivity.
- Though it has no auto mode, it can work exactly according to your commands.
- This compact machine lets you carry it anywhere or move it to any space in your kitchen.
- Despite having a powerful engine to grind faster, the sturdy outer construction doesn’t make any noise while working continuously.
- Has the ability to create powders with very small and smooth particles
- Can work without making any noise
- Compact size and lighter weight feature portability
- A very catchy design to fit with your kitchen décor
- Can take some time while grind larger beans
- No pre-saved modes are available
COOL KNIGHT Herb Grinder Electric Spice Grinder
Cool Knight has always been a good choice for those who want automated works with simple functioning. This model from Cool Knight also has some excellent features that make the grinding work look very easy. It is always a great advantage when you can grind a half kilo of ingredients within a few minutes, along with the cleaning stuff. We highly recommend this Herb Grinder if you want to prepare your spice easily as soon as possible.
- On average, the machine takes almost 15 seconds for the precise grinding of any herb or spice you want to prepare.
- The container with this grinder is spacy, which allows you to grind almost 200 grams of spices at once.
- This product also features a single button push function that can let even an amateur cook use this grinder.
- The more you hold the button pressing, the more you make the engine grind the ingredients.
- Though the grinder seems to be a perfect choice for grinding herbs, you can also grind nuts, coffee beans, etc.
- The blade inside the grinder can have more than 500 rotations per second to ensure no stuff is left inside the container for grinding.
- Durable materials to ensure longevity
- Features user-friendly functioning for fast work
- Has a sharp blade capable of grinding at every angle
- Safe to use even for kids because of starting after button pressing
- Easy to clean after use
- Only a single press function is available
- There is a chance of the engine getting hotter after almost an hour of use because of the extremely fast grinding power
KINGTOP Spice Grinder Large
This is one of the best herb grinders that is available in the market. If you need to grind tobacco or herb, this grinder is the perfect choice for you. Herb grinder comes with different materials, sizes, and price ranges. This King top Herb Grinder has some unique features and characteristics. It has a pollen catcher with the finest materials, and this is one of the most special features ever. If you compare it with the other two pieces of grinder, this pollen grinder is very popular. This grinder does not offer a filter screen and compartment as well.
- The 45 teeth of this grinder are very sharp and plentiful. With the help of more teeth, you can get even and fine grinding spices.
- The pollen catcher can filter out the fine herbs from the rest of the bests. By doing this, you can get top-quality finished products.
- You can get a scraper tool with this unit, which works with the herbs smoothly.
- The Kingtop has many holes with grinding compartments to minimize the number of herns stuck with the teeth.
- The holes keep the grinder clean for a long time.
- You can get a 2-year limited warranty.
- The zink alloy materials are heavier, which makes the grinder durable.
- This grinder is very powerful and can grind smoothly.
- Prevent you from heaving dump the herbs.
- The magnetic lid reduces spilling.
- With the help of glide lids, you can grind all the spices smoothly.
- Too much noise during grinding
- This grinder is comparatively larger.
Bottle Spice grinder for Salt and Pepper
Home EC Premium Stainless-Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder
It is challenging for the spice lover to keep out the dirt and moisture from the spices. The container may clog, and you cannot operate the tool. The HC Premium Stainless Steel and Pepper Grinder have a stainless-steel lid, which alleviates these issues. Every shaker can hold 6 oz of salt and pepper, which is adequate for long-term seasoning foods. The container is made with silicon, and you can fill it quickly. You can see the level of the Spice with the glass container. This grinder is one of my list’s top listed spice grinders due to lots of unique features.
- To get your desired coarseness of salt, pepper, and other spices, twist the knob at the top of the pepper and saltshaker.
- This model comes with a branded packaging system with a foam tray to protect your salt and pepper mills.
- The stainless-steel lid cap can keep the moisture out from the salts, herbs, and spices.
- These salt and pepper mills are 7.5″ tall and can hold ¾ cup of salt or pepper or other spices.
- The design is exquisite that increases the style of your kitchen.
- This shaker has lots of small parts, so you need to do extra care while cleaning this tool.
- It has a BPA-free glass bottle.
- HC salt and Pepper mills are easy to grip.
- It has a large and heavy ceramic rotor.
- Easy refilling system
- 1-year limited warranty
- The shaker is versatile.
- It does not come with a pre-filled.
- Not enough durable
Electric Salt and Pepper Grinder Set – Automatic, Refillable, Battery-Operated Stainless-Steel Spice Mills
This is the top choice grinder, which is highlighted on our review list. This grinder is very easy and durable for the pepper and suitable for spices, salt, and peppercorns. It can make all the spices from coarse to very smooth. It has an LED light, and with this, you can work with it even in a dark space. You can get very confident during the holding and milling process. This tool is made with one-hand operation technology. It is very suitable for people who want to operate with only a single hand for seasoning foods. Just press a button, and then you can enjoy your grinding job.
- It comes with an extra-large ceramic grinding core for operation.
- The Acrylic chamber and the brushed stainless-steel body can make the grinder extremely durable.
- The motor is high-speed and robust, which gives the food safety.
- It has one button and single-handed operation, which is very convenient.
- The modern design makes this tool stylish for your kitchen and dining, which attracts guests.
- The bottom closes firmly, which prevents leakage and can hold the fresh smell of the spices.
- Here you can get the powerful cordless versatile 4 AA- battery.
- There is no risk of glass breakage.
- It can hold up against peppercorns, salts, and other spices without jamming.
- Easy refilling and monitoring system.
- With the bright LED light, you can grind your Spice in a dark space.
- Though the grinder is too tall, it has less capacity to grind enough Spice at a time.
Electric Spice Grinder
SHARDOR Coffee & Spice Grinders Electric
This excellent design multitasking tool is perfect for cooking. It has two stainless steel bowls, and among them, the first one is two blade grinder blade, and the second one is a four-blade grinder blade. The first can grind dry items, and the second can smooth wet things like garlic and herbs. You can use any of them according to your needs. Within a simple press, you can get a fine or coarse powder of coffee. Within less than 15 seconds, you can get your desired items.
- It has two blade cups.
- You can easily remove the stainless-steel cup from the base, and the removal cups are dishwasher safe.
- The high-quality stainless-steel blade has a 200-w powerful motor.
- By using this grinder, you can get a unique aroma from the spices.
- You can get 2 in 1 coffee spoon with a brush.
- The removal bowl has a large capacity, which is 70 grams.
- The seal ring can press the rim of the bowl tightly, which can keep the powder splashing out from the grinder.
- Easy to clean.
- You can get friendly customer service.
- 2 Years limited warranty.
- It is a perfect helper for your kitchen.
- It can grind coffee beans evenly and sharply.
- Sometimes the product did not last for a long time.
Mortar and Pestle
Gorilla Grip Original Mortar and Pestle Set
This is an adequately weighted device, which makes it a perfect tool for grinding. This mortar and pestle set is made with 100% pure granite. It can hold 4 pounds whopping at once, which makes it great for different types of spices. I think if you purchase this item, you will be adequately satisfied with the product. The weight of this tool makes it steady and sturdy and helpful to keep in place without sliding.
- The underside foam bottom helps to prevent scratching on the countertop.
- The slightly rough inner side of the mortar is constructive for the wet and dry items.
- Before first use, you need to season and clean the mortar and pestle. Wash with water but don’t use soap.
- The mortar and pestle may be large, medium, or small; you can choose them according to your needs.
- Suitable for herbs, spices, and seeds and can release essential flavor and oils.
- The rough inner side cannot absorb the flavor of the spices.
- Easy to clean and wash.
- Easy to crush and mesh food.
- You can work effortlessly with this tool.
- Not safe for the dishwasher
Sagler Mortar and Pestle Set
The Sagler mortar and pestle set is one of the best mortars and pestle sets on the market. It is 100 % solid marble with outstanding durability. It can perform significantly. The color pattern is unique, and the black strip makes it very attractive. This pestle is perfect for your daily use. You can get fine paste and powder by using this unit. It can hold approximately up to 3 ounces of items. With minimal effort, the mortar bowl and pestle can grind all types of ingredients properly.
- The Sagler was used for crushing food items and pills.
- The tool is made with nice-looking marble, which made it unique from other tools.
- The dimension of this unit is 3. 75 inches in diameter x 2 inches tall. Pestle is 4. 2 inches long, and this feature made it suable to use.
- The Sagler can give you effortless preparation for daily and natural remedies and homeopathy.
- With firm pressure, make a circular string motion; you can get your desire to paste or powder.
- Can quickly grind fresh ingredients.
- You can use it as a pill crusher.
- Easy to use.
- It’s very durable.
- The size is comparatively less.
How to choose a grinder
When the question arises, which grinder do you need to select for your kitchen and your cooking purpose, the variety of questions you can face may confuse you. This buying guide will help you narrow the selections and get an accurate spice grinder according to your needs. The given product features are significant to consider when you want to purchase your grinder.
It is essential to check the speed of the spice grinder motor. Some grinders take enough time to grind your Spice. You will be frustrated sometimes to get the uneven grinding products. Only the high-speed grinder can give your desired coarseness within less amount time.
When the question arises of the spice grinder’s materials, you need to consider the materials of the blade of the spice grinder. The blade must be made with solid materials and can’t break while grinding hard things like nuts. You need to select a grinder that has a ceramic or stainless-steel blade. Both can perform well, but the ceramic blade will dull after some days. On the other hand, the stainless-steel blade lasts for a long time; And stainless steel is more expensive than the ceramic blade.
With the blade, you also need to consider the materials of the body of the grinder. Stainless steel or heat resistance plastic is the commonly used material for the grinder. Some hard grinders have classy touch rigid bodies. Stainless steel is the most durable, but it’s costly again. There are several plastic body grinders that have impressive performance but do not cost enough.
Fixed or Removal Bowl
The spice grinder, which has a fixed bowl, is tough to clean. Some grinders are dishwasher safe, while others are only safe to use brushes or cloths. The removal bowl is straightforward to clean and convenient to use as well.
There are mainly two types of grinders that we can see in the market: electric and hand. An electric spice grinder can work well and can do your work quickly. When you want to buy a grinder, you can choose an electric grinder with enough powerful motor to grind Spice, coffee, and nuts.
Most hand grinder comes in two versions; it looks like a small coffee mill and a multipurpose pepper mill. You need to turn a crank or twist the body to grind your spices. They have technologically low but have some benefits. It is more adjustable, and you can grind nuts, herbs, and coffee in different coarseness. You can bring them anywhere you want, so they are very portable. A hand spice grinder is a little bit challenging to operate. You want to wash them with your hand only.
You always want to purchase such a grinder to fit your kitchen countertop without taking too much space. Thus, a compact design grinder can save your kitchen space.
You cannot make more than one dish if your grinder has minimal capacity to hold the Spice. We need to choose a tool with a deep chamber. The standard power of the section is 7o grams. Some lids can store extra Spice, which will be a bonus for you.
Easy to Use
Every user wants to apply such type of tool which can organize the kitchen perfectly. No one wants to mess up their kitchen, which can increase headaches. Some grinder has some fancy or expensive options; you may get tired to use them. Someone takes enough time to start the grinder, which will waste time. They don’t even know how to clean the tool. So, spice grinding is not for them. Then this type of person needs another option except for a grinder.
You prefer that type of device when you can get the ease of use features and other manufacturing recommendations. The grinder with cups, blades, removal, and dishwashing is safe; you must use that type of tool. If you found any grinder that is not dishwashing safe, find out that type of grinder you can easily wipe out with your hand.
Most of the spice grinders didn’t come with extra features. If you found some additional features with any grinder that will be more functional in the long run.
- Storage Cups: Some grinder has extra removing cups which is used for storing ground spices. This feature will allow us to grind more spices at a time.
- Magnetic Lid: Some grinder comes with a magnetic lid. That lid allows the grinder to join with both the cup and lid while working. It will give security to the spice grinder.
- Exchangeable Blade: Blade is one of the most necessary features for the spice grinder. Some blades can work great for nuts and coffee; some are specially designed to ground pepper and coriander.
If you want to know about each grinder’s versatility, you need to know what each grinder intends to do. Some grinders can grind herbs; on the other hand, some can handle seeds and spices. There is some grinder that can handle anything you want to do. You can grind all types of spices that you through inside this versatile grinder. It can crush wet kinds of ingredients also.
Sometimes choosing a grinder is very confusing. Each manual and electric grinder can do a specific task. I hope that this buying guide will help you to narrow down the top list.
How to clean a spice grinder
You don’t want to mix up the smell with other food. Then the scent that comes from the other food is not acceptable to smell. So, to get the spice smell out from the grinder, you can follow my following bits of advice. Here I will suggest to you some methods that you already have in your kitchen.
Take 3 or 4 tablespoons of rice and blend them for about 30 seconds. This method will remove the scent of the spices out of your grinder more effectively. You can get rice in your kitchen, and it’s very cheap as well.
For example, if you grind some toasted cumin seeds into a powder and make them out of the grinder, there will be some excess powder in your grinder. If you use a paper towel, you cannot get rid of that smell. You can see lots of cumin granules there. So, to remove them, you can take a wide slice of bread and grind them and make breadcrumbs. This process will gather all the remaining cumin from the grinder and make your grinder smell accessible. You can use this breadcrumb in another dish. You can get the cumin flavor from the breadcrumb, and the grinder is completely clean.
After grinding some spices, take a slight drop of white vinegar and wipe the grinder clean. Remember that a grinder is an electric tool. You cannot wash it under water due to the electric parts. But you can wipe it with a dampened paper towel. This process can take away most of the spice’s scent, but you can smell the vinegar from your tool. But when you open the lid of it, the smell will be pretty natural. Now it’s ready to grind something new.
Bread and rice are daring mostly used to clean the grinder correctly, but they can ultimately remove using baking soda is a great option to clean and remove the smell from the grinder. Use two tablespoons of baking soda and pulse it for 30 seconds. It can remove the scent from your grinder but doesn’t make your tool entirely a new one.
FAQs of Spice Grinder
- How can you grind spice with no grinder?
If you have a mortar and pestle with you and use the standard method, you can grind your spices and other herbs. If you can’t arrange these, then take a plastic zip bag, bit of paper, or plastic bag and pour your spices and herbs inside those bags. Take a bulky item like a hammer or rolling hooks and then crush them with less effort.
2. Can you use a coffee grinder as a spice grinder?
You can find the grinder and the java between the utilize. Coffee can spread better when the water can move through the same java generated by the burr grinder. On the other hand, the blade can grind the flying java beans, and the java bean particles are always different. So, the spice grinder is never suitable for coffee lovers.
3. How can you grind your new wet Spice?
Only a few types of grinders can operate to grind different kinds of wet spices. You can get smooth finishing on the dry item and get a fine powder. So, if you want to grind wet items on the dry spice grinder, this is not the right choice for you. At that time, you need to use the mortar and pestle. For your special dish, sometimes you can add coriander, cumin, or bay leaves together.
4. Would you like to use a blender instead of a grinder?
The blade of the blander is not always suitable for grinding dry and wet ingredients perfectly. You never get smooth finishing by using the blander. The blander may be heating up, stuck, and trapped easily, but you never get your desired performance. So, it would be perfect if you always had the ideal spice grinder to grind your necessary item, especially the dry ones.
5. What is the advantage of grinding fresh spices?
Fresh spices have no added preservatives, so it’s very healthy. There are no chances for adulteration as well. The grounded Spice that you made on your own in your home can give better flavor than you get from the super shops. You cannot store the grounded Spice for a long time. But you can store them in an unmodified form; The fresh Spice can keep the new and authentic aroma and release the natural oil properly.
6. What do you like to use to grind herbs?
For some recipes, you cannot prepare without some herbs. And for grinding these herbs, the spice grinder is idle. You can grind the herbs with other spices to save your energy and time. Or you can grind them along. But most people like to use the traditional mortar and pestle for grinding their herbs.
7. How to maintain the spice grinder?
You can clean the electric spice grinder, which has removal bowls, under the tap water. Wipe and dry with a clean cloth. On the other hand, if the bowl is non-removal, you need to use a cleaning brush and a damp cloth to perfectly clean the leftover particles.
8. What is the most expensive Spice in the world?
Saffron harvesting needs much physical labor, from getting the flower from the field to final packaging. The harvesting process, color, and flavor make it one of the world’s most expensive spices. You can use it in your kitchen to make delicious dessert items, fabrics, skin, and medical purposes. Approximately 1 pound of saffron costs $5000 to $8000. So, it’s a complicated spice to harvest.
9. What Spice do you need to grind?
Every spice grinder is not suitable for every type of Spice. Different types of spices can make their way into your recipe.
Dry Herbs and Aromatics: Dried rosemary, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, etc., are included here. A hard operator manual spice grinder is suitable for these types of herbs. For grinding these, an electric spice grinder is overkilling.
Hard Spice and Aromatics: Crunchy and brittle types of Spices like peppercorn, coriander, cinnamon, and nutmeg are hard to grind, and they require a lot of power to crush. They need an electric grinder or high-power mill, or manual spice grinder.
Wet Herb and Aromatics: Fresh ginger, garlic cloves, and parsley are wet types of spices. An electronic grinder is suitable for these types of herbs but needs to clean appropriately after each use.
10. How can you protect your fresh ground spice?
It would help if you always considered the effect of the air and light on your Spice. We like to ground more Spices at a time and reserve them for further use. Some spice grinder has a reserve jar or bottle which is airtight to protect over time. When you choose the hand to operate the mill, then the hard spice storage tank is perfect. Sometimes we see the transparent reserve tank, which shows the Spice’s level or how much Spice is left on the jar. So, we need an airtight jar and opaque reservoir to protect the pot from the ultraviolet ray.
If you want to get value out of your spice collection, then the spice grinder is the perfect choice for you. It is the most inexpensive way to maximize the aroma and flavor of the whole Spice. You can get a tastier meal by grinding.
The above guidelines and the top-listed product review will give you enough idea to pick the right product for your kitchen. My list will cover the demand for your electric grinder, manual grinder, or mortar and pestle set, which will meet your needs. Spices are one of the most in-demand merchandise in the world. Here I considered each product’s functionality, uses, versatility, durability, and many more. Each of the spice grinders has its distinct features. I hope this article will help you choose the best spice grinder for your family.