Due to the grooves, it’s very tough to clean the panini. Unfortunately, it is a hassle to clean the panini after using it the whole day, though making panini is very funny and healthy. All the melted ingredients are left on your; cleanup is difficult. You have to clean it thoroughly without damaging the non-stick surface.
Steam cleaning can help to clean your panini. Another solution is using baking soda, which helps to clean the most stubborn stains. It would be best if you used a dishwasher to clean them with your hands.
How to clean panini press using baking soda
One of the great ways to clean your favorite appliance panini press is making a solution with baking soda and water. By following this method, there will be no risk of damaging the panini press’s non-stick coating.
- Before you clean the food properly, you need to remove the excess food items. Use a wet paper towel and wipe down and remove any chunks of food from the panini plate.
- You may use the non-stick cooking spray to wipe the plate. The layer of the cooking spray can prevent your grill from cleaning thoroughly.
- Take half a cup of warm water and then two tablespoons of baking soda. Make the solution that is thinner than a paste. Pour it quickly when it’s time to clean.
- Pour the solution evenly over the grill. Pour half of the solution over the bottom side of the grill. Let the solution go down each of the grooves on the grill.
- To clean the top side of the grill, use a cloth and dip it into the solution. Wipe appropriately on each of the grills. If the grill is too dirty, repeat the process.
- When you apply the solution to both sides of the grill, let it soak sit for 5 to 10 minutes. It will work with the residue and break it up properly.
- Now, take a clean cloth and clean water. Dip a clean cloth on the water and then wipe down each groove of the grill.
- Start this from the top portion and then to the bottom part. Do this process until it cleans properly. Let your press dry on the air, and then wipe again with the dry clean towel.
You may want to know about some wonderful panini presses.
How To Clean Panini presss using steam
Another great way to clean your panini press grill without damaging any non-sticky surface parts by using the steam is advantageous. The simple and easy steps are here-
- You have to turn on the panini press first. It would be best if you used the heat produced by itself. After using it, you need to clean it as soon as possible and use the residual heat press. If you don’t clean it after using it, then on it at the very lowest temperature.
- You need to soak a clean paper towel or rug in clean water. Soak the paper towel in clean water until it drips properly. Please don’t write it out before you put it on the press correctly. When you put the cloth on it and then close the lid, the cloth is completely soaked while the panini press is on. On the other hand, there will be a cause to damage the press.
- Lay the wet cloth on the bottom side of your panini press. Cover the whole posterior portion; thus, the entire grill area will thoroughly be steamed. But must keep the cloth away from any electric components.
- When the wet cloth needs with the hot to of the grill, there is a sizzling sound that you may feel. That cloth must cover the top and bottom part of the whole grill area.The next step is you should keep the rag for five minutes. At that time, you must stay near the grill and keep your eyes on it. You may see some steam there, but you must remove the wet cloth immediately if you smell any smoky flavor.
- Now open the grill and then remove the cloth after 5 minutes. Now, you can clean most of the food residue easily. Let the grill cool for some minutes. Now, it’s time to dip the clean cloth under the clean and clear water. And then wipe down again both sides of the grill. But I must start from the top side. The simple step is that you can use some amount of baking soda to remove the extra residue.
Video Tips: How to clean panini grill
The Last Step Is To Remove All The Removal Parts
- You can get specific cleaning guidelines with each of the grills. Before you want to clean your grill, you need to open all the removal parts. Follow the instructions on which temperature and soap are suitable for your grill. And also, see whether a dishwasher or soap is ideal for cleaning the grills.
- If the manufacturer instructed that your grills are safe with the dishwasher, run them through the dishwasher. Put the dishwasher where you want to clean your regular plates and clean them thoroughly. Please don’t use too much dishwasher, use a small amount of it and clean it.
- Now you need to use your hand to clean all the removal parts of your panini grill. Fill up your sink with mild hot water and then with mild dishwashing soap. Then let the plates soak there for five minutes. If you see more residues over the plates, soak them for more time to clean them properly.
- When the plate soaks under the hot water, use a clean, soft cloth or sponge to clean and wipe all the residues properly. Don’t use any sharp or abrasive materials like steel wool to clean the plates thoroughly.
To sum up
It’s all about what I always follow to clean my panini press or grill. All the methods are beneficial to maintain your press and increase the lifespan as well. No matter which way you want to choose to wash your panini grill, all the methods have been proven to be extremely useful in cleaning and maintaining purpose, even if you use your versatile panini press regularly. You can contact the cleaning experts if you want to get a commercial solution.