An electric skillet is the handiest kitchen cookware with a “can cook anything” attitude. Ivy League legends say this helps survive through sleepless nights of dorm nightmares. You might think it’s only for students struggling to eat due to their academic grind, but you’d be wrong!
Imagine everything an electric cook allows you to fry, sauté, or even bake! We’re talking breakfast bowls to steaks to French delicacies. Whether dinner for one or having a Sunday brunch with the girls, this is one-man-army taking care of all you want to cook.
For those who only want healthy meals, this cookware can also help you stick to a healthy lifestyle, which is why we’re sharing a few healthy electric skillet recipes with you.
Frying Potatoes in an Electric Skillet
We’re starting with an easy skillet-fried potato recipe. It’s ready in 40minutes to serve your friends in between casual conversations or as a fun side dish for brunch. You can have this brown rice with it as well.
If you’re good at finding new red-skinned potatoes at the market, you’ll be lucky to get the perfect season and crisp. Here’s what you’ll need to achieve the healthiest version of fried potatoes:
● 6-7 medium unpeeled potatoes
● 3 tbsp. of canola oil (any vegetable oil of choice)
● 1 quartered and thinly sliced large onion
● 1 diced red bell pepper
● 1 finely minced medium garlic
● 1 tbsp. of freshly ground paprika
● 1 tbsp. of salt
● Freshly ground black pepper and other spices/herbs of choice
- Pour the canola oil and heat it in the skillet for a minute or two. Carefully add the onions and sauté. Add the minced garlic and the bell pepper, and stir for at least a minute.
- Now it’s time to add your potatoes, the paprika, and a dash of salt, black pepper, and any mixed spice according to your taste. Stir and mix it all up; cover the lid to let it cook for around 15 minutes. Check-in for tenderness and stir more so the ingredients season well together.
- Add more spice if you like, and keep cooking.
- When the potatoes turn brown and perfectly seasoned, turn off your skillet, and let the steam release by uncovering the lid.
- Serve on a plate with sprinkles of parsley or thyme for an added kick and healthy factor.
How to Cook Steak in Electric Skillet
Outdoors barbecues are friendly and casual – sure. But how about setting the table with fancy sheets, good wine, and the perfect indoor steak? It would make a lovely dinner for a significant occasion. We’ll teach you how to cook chicken steak for a beginner. It’s great for two people, but if you’re inviting more parties, double or triple the portions of the ingredients and let the steak’s intense aroma take over!
Choose the temperature
Decide at what temperature you want to cook the steak. There are different well-one or periodic adjustments if you prefer. The traditional medium is the safest option. You can even go bold with a unique combination of seasonings.
● 2 chicken strips of choice
● 2 tbsp. of softened butter
● 1 tbsp. herbs of your choice
- Prep the meat strips by seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, take the softened butter and mash it with the herbs. We love Italian herbs like thyme, rosemary, and oregano. After mixing well, let it sit in the refrigerator.
- While the meat strips season, set a high temperature and preheat your electric skillet. When it reaches the temperature, pop in the meat.
- Wait for the meat to sizzle all the good stuff, and check if it’s browned so you can flip for the other side to cook.
- It’s time to turn the heat on your skillet halfway down. Put the lid on and let the chicken cook like this until you’re satisfied with its look and aroma.
- Carefully place it on a wide plate with the herb butter on the side and serve with your chosen décor.
Cooking Pork Barbecue Ribs in an Electric Skillet
Got a couple of hours in your hand? Let’s barbecue a delicious portion of pork ribs. Here are the items you will need.
● Pork ribs
● 2 tbsp. melted butter
● ¾ cup Mustard
● ¾ cup Sauce
● 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
● 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
● 2 tbsp. Vinegar
● 1 cup of water
● 2 tbsp. Brown sugar
● Salt and pepper for seasoning and taste
● Diced baked potatoes
● Baked beans and sautéed mushroom for the side
- Preheat the skillet between medium to high.
- In the meantime, you should prepare the BBQ sauce since it is the most important step.
- Combine the melted butter, mustard, dressing, and Worcestershire sauce. Add water, mix, and then add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Taste a bit and add anything according to your taste buds. You can change the consistency too, if you like, by adding water.
- Now it’s time to brown the pork ribs on the skillet. Flip for the color to reach evenly on both sides.
- Turn down the heat a little lower and bathe the pork with the freshly made BBQ sauce. Again, flip to distribute the sauce evenly.
- Cover with a lid and let the pork ribs cook entirely for an hour as the sauce thickens.
- When your kitchen smells like barbecue goodness, it’s time to serve the ribs with a side of baked potatoes, beans, and mushrooms.
You May Want to Read: The Ultimate Guide To Electric Skillet Reviews
Tips and Warnings
If you maintain some safety measures, your electric skillet will thank you with satisfactory service for years as its lifespan increases. You must always read the manual and instructions your electric skillet comes with. Other than that, here are some valuable tips and warnings:
- While waiting for food to cook, ensure you’re nearby for easy monitoring.
- When it’s not in use, never keep the skillet on.
- If you are adding powdery ingredients, oil, or water to dishes like pork ribs, make sure you do not spill any liquid on the hot pan. Oils are flammable, and spices might shoot in the air and cause a hazard.
- As soon as you’re done cooking, take the pot to a different surface. Never burden the surface of your electric skillet when you’re not using it.
Suppose you try out all these tasty and healthy recipes. You can probably attribute the amazing kitchen smell to your electric skillet. In that case, you can thank your electric skillet for By now, you should realize that owning this cookware is a blessing in disguise.
It’s great for dishes of all kinds, and if you love cooking, you can prepare anything you’re craving for. All you need is patience and the right technique to sear up the healthiest savory dishes.